(servings : 24 pieces)
- 6 large traditional tofu, cut into 4 pieces each.
- ½ cup grated carrot (1 cup = 200 cc)
- ½ cup chopped button mushroom
- ½ cup chopped prawn
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup egg white
- brine as required to soak the tofu
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- salt as required
- a pinch of sugar
- Marinate tofu in brine for about 30 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Make a hollow in the middle of each tofu using teaspoon. Set aside the hollowed tofu, and puree the remaining tofu.
- Mix well the mashed tofu, grated carrot, chopped button mushroom, chopped prawn, spring onions, egg white and seasoning.
- Fill in the mixed tofu into the middle of each hollowed tofu.
- Steam it until cooked for about 20 minutes.
The steamed-filled tofu can be eaten directly, or it can be fried before being served. For the fried one, dip the steamed-filled tofu into beaten egg before frying.