Klepon is a kind of Indonesian traditional snack. This marbles-shaped snack is usually made of glutinous rice flour with palm sugar filling, covered with grated coconut, and green-coloured. This sweet snack is explosive when bitten…🙂
One day I found grated-purple yam in a Chinese store and suddenly got idea to make purple-coloured Klepon. And below is the recipe.
- 2 cup of glutinous rice flour (1 cup = 200 cc)
- 1 cup grated-purple yam
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of castor sugar / granulated sugar
- 125 – 150 cc warm water (approximately)
- 1 ½ cup steamed-grated coconut mixed with a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of grated-palm sugar (approximately)
- Boil water in a medium pan (the water depth is about a half of pan’s height).
- Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca starch, grated-purple yam, a pinch of salt and castor sugar / granulated sugar. Pour in the warm water and knead the mixture until it is easy to make marbles-sized ball.
- Make marbles-sized ball, flatten it and fill in with grated-palm sugar. And make marbles-sized ball again (try to cover the palm sugar with the dough perfectly). Put the ball into boiling water. Repeat it until the dough is finished.
- Wait until the ball is floating.
- Lift the ball out of boiling water, and cover it with steamed-grated coconut.