One of my favorite foods is lamb satay (namely sate kambing in Indonesia), especially the Javanese-style one. We usually eat lamb satay with rice, soy sauce and fresh chopped-vegetables such as cucumber, cabbage and tomatoes. It’s absolutely delicious… 🙂
- 1 kilogram of lamb’s leg without bone, diced
- tomatoes, cucumber, cabbage, shallot, bird-eyes chilies
- Indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 25 bamboo skewers
Seasoning to marinate the lamb :
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of minced-shallot
- 1 teaspoon of salt (approximately)
- 1.5 tablespoons of granulated sugar (approximately)
- 3 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of crushed-pineapple
- Mix all the seasoning and marinate lamb meat for about 30 minutes.
- Skew the lamb meat using bamboo skewers (5 pieces of marinated-lamb meat in each skewer). Repeat until the meat is finished.
- Grill until the meat is well-cooked. Turn it around regularly to make the meat cooked perfectly. Some people like the half-done one, but I don’t… 🙂
- Serve it with warm rice, chopped-tomatoes, sliced-cabbage, sliced-cucumber, sliced-shallot, chopped-bird-eyes chilies, and Indonesian sweet soy sauce.